The two level Education Wing houses the nursery, kindergarten, Sunday School classrooms and chapel.
Our nursery is equipped and staffed to take care of children from infants to age 3.
The First Presbyterian Kindergarten is for children from ages 3-5. It follows the same schedule as the local public school system. Children's Sunday school classes are on the first level and adult classes on the second level.
The sanctuary features an elevated sound and light control booth. Our sound system is equipped with a wireless listening transmitter and several receivers for the hearing impaired.
There are three ways to enter the sanctuary, two of which are handicap accessible. There are four restrooms that are also handicap accessible.
The two level Administration Wing consist of various offices, work area, choir rehearsal room, Sunday school classrooms, bell tower and a library. The library is open to anyone wishing to check out a book and is strictly on the "honor system." It features over 1500 books ranging from Christian fiction, biographies, biblical references, study guides and other literature to enhance our Christian life.
The Fellowship Hall is a vast open space with high vaulted ceilings and laminated exposed beams. It can be equipped with rectangle or round tables depending on the event being held. The 8 foot wide fireplace is faced with a copper encasement shroud and is the focal point of the room. It has a separate sound system and piano. A fully equipped kitchen is accessible through two doors at the west side of the hall.
Our Chapel seats 60 and is a traditional style worship area. Exposed beams, tongue and groove ceiling accent this space. It is equipped with a piano and an antique Hotta pump organ. This chapel is used for children's church and small worship groups.
The current sanctuary was completed in 2008. It is a 300 seat traditional style worship space with exposed beams. The wide center aisle is a very desirable feature for
weddings. A gradual sloped floor allows good visibility. Each window is overlaid with stain glass donated by the loving families of members that have passed. The choir loft is equipped with removable risers and
modesty panel. When removed, a stage for Christian worship and arts production is revealed.
In 1982, the Gordon Musgrove family commissioned Harry Van Burgen with the Vertian Company of Atlanta, Georgia to forge a bell for the Church which is housed in the bell tower. The 800 pound brass bell was dedicated on Easter Sunday of that year and still rings today. Upgrades to the mechanical rocker, hammer and controls were added in 2009.
In October 1996, as part of the Church's 150th anniversary, members, past members and friends contributed to the installation a Quasimodo Electronic Carillion.
"The Big House" is located across the street from the main complex. It is a renovated 1800 circa building used by our youth group. It is handicap accessible at the rear entrance.
In 2008 an elevator was installed for our members and guests with mobility issues. The elevator is a double door cab helping with accessibility to all four levels of our Church facility. There are also a total of four handicap accessible entrances into our building.